Home :Tibet Forum: Travel Reviews
Tibet Forum
Tibet Railway The spot for news, schedules, fares, routes and the scenery of the highly praised Tibet Railway.
Topic: Will u take the train to Tibet?
Smiley:
Content:

*  (3000 characters at most)

Link a Picture:
  ( Enter the URL of the picture. e.g. http://www.tibettrip.com/logo.gif)
Your Screen Name:  *
Your Email:     ( Make my email visible to others )
Identifying Code: *   
  Please read our Forum Terms before you submit.

Topic: Will u take the train to Tibet?

Posted: 2007-04-16 05:27:39

Author: NADIA

It is more convenient to travel to Tibet because of the operation of Tibet railway. It is also crowded to take the train for the large amount of travelers.

Will you take the train to Tibet in this case?
 Author: ELLEN

2007-04-16 20:23:01

Yes, I will. I think taking the train is not only cheaper, but also offers more time to adapt to the high altitudes, and I can appreaciate more scenery along the railway.
Though it is difficult to but a train ticket, the train does not sell tickets without seats, it is not crowded on the train as other Chinese trains. I would sacrifice some time to book it in advance. :)
 Author: KENTSG

2007-05-09 16:31:14

You can buy train ticket advance with permit from TibetFIT at tibetfit.service@gmail.com, we manage to arrange our train ticket from them. They manage to arrange Beijing/Chendu/Guangzhou/Xian/Shanghai/Xining to Lhasa train ticket and from Lhasa to China train ticket.
 Author: CYNTHIA

2007-05-09 19:59:44

Hi Kensg, can we use a copy of the travel permit instead of the original to buy a ticket?
 Author: COCO

2007-05-31 17:45:32

Original Tibet permit is more secure and we also have our original tibet permit from TibetFit, tibetfit.service@gmail.com.
 Author: ELLEN

2007-05-31 20:02:02

Hi Cynthia, the copy of travel permit is not allowed, you have to use the original to buy the ticket.