Home :Tibet Forum: Travel Reviews
Tibet Forum
Transportation This is where you will find details of convenient and cost effective travel.
Topic: Do you often use the meter when taking a taxi?
Smiley:
Content:

*  (3000 characters at most)

Link a Picture:
  ( Enter the URL of the picture. e.g. http://www.tibettrip.com/logo.gif)
Your Screen Name:  *
Your Email:     ( Make my email visible to others )
Identifying Code: *   
  Please read our Forum Terms before you submit.

Topic: Do you often use the meter when taking a taxi?

Posted: 2008-01-11 01:53:17

Author: ELLEN

According to the news report, Lhasa taxies are to use meters from Feb 1.

But in the past there is an informal rule that 'the fee is fixed at CNY 10' wherever you go in the city. But if you go further the charge will be different. Some drivers even charge unresonably high. This charging standard has aroused the dissatisfaction of the passengers. Meanwhile, the drivers also feel undeserved when their resonable charges aroused protest. However, there is not a law to protect the interests of them. Some taxies have meters, but few people use them. So I think this is a good policy.

So I wonder how many of you have used the taxi metr when traveling in Lhasa? What do you think this new policy?

Author: CHERYL

2008-01-19 03:19:58

This policy can help to prevent the visitors' interest to some extent. However, vistors will still be cheated if they meet some dishonest taxi drivers.
 Author: ELLEN

2008-01-20 18:47:34

Yes, as the saying goes: 道高一尺,魔高一丈。 (Dao Gao Yi Chi, Mo Gao Yi Zhang).
The devils always have an intrigue to avoid the rule.

But as far I as I encounter, I have no experice of being cheated by the taxi driver in the hinterland. (or I am ignorant of it. :)) And I think the people in Tibet is simpler and more honest.