Home :Tibet Forum: Travel Reviews
Tibet Forum
Tibet Miscellany Exchange views, news and general chats about Tibetan customs, religion, arts, culture...
Topic: Visa issue: Travel from Nepal to Tibet to rest of China
Smiley:
Content:

*  (3000 characters at most)

Link a Picture:
  ( Enter the URL of the picture. e.g. http://www.tibettrip.com/logo.gif)
Your Screen Name:  *
Your Email:     ( Make my email visible to others )
Identifying Code: *   
  Please read our Forum Terms before you submit.

Topic: Visa issue: Travel from Nepal to Tibet to rest of China

Posted: 2010-03-24 00:52:30

Author: HUI

Hi guys,
I really need some advice here. Really appreciate whatever help I can get, Thank you!

This coming May, I'll be doing some climbing in Nepal, and also thinking of backpacking into China after the climb. Places in China I will like to visit are Tibet, Xinjiang and Qinghai.

Initially, I planned to travel overland into Tibet from Kathmandu, and from there on, proceed onwards to Qinghai and Xinjiang. But I was told that the group visa I will obtain (for travel into Tibet) in Kathmandu will not be able to last me the entire trip, and it is impossible to extend the visa. I have to fly out of Tibet/China into countries e.g Hong Kong or Macau to apply for a new standard China visa in order to visit rest of China after Tibet.

Has anyone been through this situation? I hope there are travellers who share the same itinerary for travelling from Nepal to Tibet to rest of China. How did you deal with the visa issue?

Thank you very much!
Hui