Tibet Forum
Travel Companion Are you seeking a travel companion with whom to share expenses? Leave your words here.
New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next

Topic: Nepal/Tibet for beginners!

Posted: 2006-01-03 06:04:58

Post 1  Reply   Back

Author: SI

2006-01-03 06:04:58 GMT-5

ip: *.*.*.*

Hi,

Some friends and I are thinking of travelling to Kathmandu in 2006 for a two-week stay. Whilst were there we would like to see the sights including Everest from a distance. Maybe do some light walking, see some monasteries etc.

The only problem is none of us have any trekking experience whatsoever. Are we being foolish to assume we could get by in Nepal or are there lighter routes we could take that aren’t so demanding?

Would it be best/easiest to go to Nepal or Tibet?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Si
Post 2  Reply   Back

Author: RITA

2006-03-10 02:30:00 GMT-5

All trekkers have to start from their 'first time'!

Have a nice trip.
Post 3  Reply   Back

Author: BINTHR

2006-05-31 16:41:00 GMT-5

If you don't mind seeing Everest from a distance take the flight around it...great views.
The trek to Everest Base camp can be done if you are a beginner, but if it is your first time you may want to do something like the Jomson trek or Anna Purna sanctuary. They are shorter, easier and give you a chance to visit Kathmandu and Pokhara.
Post 4  Reply   Back

Author: SKYLINE

2006-06-02 06:17:35 GMT-5

for your option check this site www.skylinetreks.com
Post 5  Reply   Back

Author: SILVIO

2006-06-10 05:32:52 GMT-5

After some looking around how it would be best to get to Tibet I decided to
contact the AccessTibet Tours in Lhasa.
We are two people travelling. However, we are seriously looking for 3 or 4 more members to join the group.
The access Tibet tour gave us a very nice deal with a wonderful intinary starting from Chengdu and ending in kathmandu. This will be a 12 day tour. Chengdu to Lhasa will be done by the new train.
We will be staying in very simple guest houses and we are not looking for comfort but a experience close to the culture, mentality and nature of tibet.
My friend and I are from Germany (19 and 20 years) and are looking forward to meet travellers that share this attitude.
With every person joining in the cost will be lowered.
If anyone is intrested please let me know so I can give you more information about the tour.
Thanks
Best regards
Silvio

Post 6  Reply   Back

Author: SILVIO

2006-06-10 05:33:35 GMT-5

This will start on the 5th of August
New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next