Tibet Forum
Trip Planning How did you plan your visit to Tibet? Share your ideas with other travelers.
New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next

Topic: a tour on Mt. Kailash and lake Manasarova

Posted: 2006-03-20 20:34:49

Post 1  Reply   Back

Author: WOWOO

2006-03-20 20:34:49 GMT-5

ip: *.*.*.*

hello, everyone

i am planning for a tibet tour this July. except for those scenic spots in Lhasa, the most alluring one for me is the Mt. Kailash and Lake Manasarova (i have read in many books about the sacred mountain and lake and been fascinated at them). i will start from Lhasa. does anyone have any recommendation of the route from Lhasa to the mountain and lake? any hotel is recommendable on the way? or is it a good time to pay the visit in the mentioned date?
Thanks~~
Post 2  Reply   Back

Author: JOJOCLUB

2006-03-22 19:49:35 GMT-5

well, July will be a pleasant season for a travel to Mt. Kailash and Lake Manasarova. there are direct coaches from Lhasa to Shiquanhe, where you can hitchhike to Darchen, the place where the mountain and lake are located. hostels can be found on the way and at Darchen there are a few rest houses, regardless of the conditions. i suggest you taking your own sleeping bag and camp because at such peak season as July, there will possibly be no vacancies at the rest houses.
Post 3  Reply   Back

Author: CHRIS

2006-05-07 11:11:31 GMT-5

hi,
i am going in july to the kailash; where to get the tibet visum? how much to get by bus to shiquanghe? how much a hitch hike trip to kailash about?
Thanks for the answer
mail: Chris.ca@gmx.de

thanks chris
New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next