Tibet Forum
Travel Companion Are you seeking a travel companion with whom to share expenses? Leave your words here.
New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next

Topic: about enter Tibet

Posted: 2006-05-29 04:49:26

Post 1  Reply   Back

Author: WANGXIAOJIE

2006-05-29 04:49:26 GMT-5

ip: *.*.*.*

First, I don't know why many people select flight which is a expensive and not gorgeous way as an access to go to Tibet.
If me, I will select the Qinghai-Tibet Highway.
Only about 200 RMB from Qingha to Tibet for only 30 hours! and
On the way you can experience fantastic scenes such as the more than 5500 meter mountain and so on.
And by this way you could enter gradually Tibet hence enalbing you to adapt quickly, easily and convinently the high altitude.
Post 2  Reply   Back

Author: BOXY

2006-06-19 01:55:48 GMT-5

but i hear u cant get a tibet permit that way? plus, arent foreigners not allowed on them public buses? from wat ive read, unless u book with a tour (which works out about the same as flying), if caught, u'll jus get sent back to where u came from (ie golmud) and get fined. dont know if this is fact or not. im plannin to go to tibet within the next week and finding it hard to get any definate info, so if anyone can shed light on the poss of goin overland then that would be appreciated. dont really want to fly unless i have to.
Post 3  Reply   Back

Author: BOXY

2006-06-21 04:07:58 GMT-5

judging by the silence i guess im right? can anyone shed anylight on the issues ive raised or is flying definitely the way forward?
Post 4  Reply   Back

Author: HANS

2006-07-27 16:23:55 GMT-5

hi. I also would like to take the new train from Beijing to Llhasa but wonder whether I NEED to join a tour group in order to get the Tibet permit. Anyone know anything definite?
Post 5  Reply   Back

Author: BENY

2006-08-09 03:43:05 GMT-5

Don't u think 5500 meters is too high? If u fly to Lhasa directly, it is only 3600 meters. Travel from the plain to the plateau in such a short time will not help adapt.
New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next