Tibet Forum
Travel Companion Are you seeking a travel companion with whom to share expenses? Leave your words here.
New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next

Topic: Travel Companion seeked

Posted: 2006-06-10 05:34:49

Post 1  Reply   Back

Author: SILVIO

2006-06-10 05:34:49 GMT-5

ip: *.*.*.*

After some looking around how it would be best to get to Tibet I decided to
contact the AccessTibet Tours in Lhasa.
We are two people travelling. However, we are seriously looking for 3 or 4 more members to join the group.
The access Tibet tour gave us a very nice deal with a wonderful intinary starting from Chengdu and ending in kathmandu. This will be a 12 day tour. Chengdu to Lhasa will be done by the new train.
We will be staying in very simple guest houses and we are not looking for comfort but a experience close to the culture, mentality and nature of tibet.
My friend and I are from Germany (19 and 20 years) and are looking forward to meet travellers that share this attitude.
With every person joining in the cost will be lowered.
If anyone is intrested please let me know so I can give you more information about the tour.
Thanks
Best regards
Silvio

PS: This will be starting 5th of August
Post 2  Reply   Back

Author: XY

2006-06-19 10:18:53 GMT-5

Hi, what the coincidence on departing date for Tibet! Actually we are 4 person(3 girls and one guy) and will travel in Tibet this summer. We plan to leave Bejing in 5 August by train to Tibet and we are supposed to stay there till 19 August. Please email us(beijingtibet2006@yahoo.com.cn) if you are interested in sharing information and probably traveling together.
Post 3  Reply   Back

Author: JME

2006-06-30 11:29:46 GMT-5

i am an american based in beijing for the summer and am thinking of going to tibet in august. dates of travel: 8/10 through 8/24. depending on your itinerary, i could meet you along the way. what does your trip entail thus far? costs?
Post 4  Reply   Back

Author: ALEX

2006-07-06 00:56:29 GMT-5

I am going to be on the new train from Beijing to Lhasa on August 1st. I would like to hear about your trip and if you need anybody else to join.
Axfriend@gmail.com
Post 5  Reply   Back

Author: DAVID/

2006-07-16 02:45:11 GMT-5

Why did you choice Access tibet travel for your trip, they are not locals, I hope you can find a local agency ,I am sure they give good price and service. and this can help them a little bit as well
Post 6  Reply   Back

Author: GG

2006-07-23 08:40:40 GMT-5

try to find Tibetan agency for your Tibet trip.
Post 7  Reply   Back

Author: AN PING

2006-07-26 19:00:18 GMT-5

Tell mw more about yourself and what you wish to do in Tibet. I am american who plans ot travel in Tibeet the same dates as you (maybe the 12th of Augst...I may book through an agency in minneapolis run by a tibetan guy...but splitting some costs would be good.
I am a 45 yo woman (NOT looking for love in all the wrong places)...interested in nature and culture, some hiking, maybe a little medicine, I am an east-going traveller, and would only want to travel with the same, don't want to get herded around....planning on going on my own at this point....was hoping to spend some time at the Tidrum Nunnery (not signing up), Xinning....(probably fly to XInningnand train to Lhasa...let me know if you want to talk more...

Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated...
Like is it better to make arrangements before arrival lor just do it upon arrival in Lhasa?Thanks, Enjoy!
Post 8  Reply   Back

Author: AN PING

2006-07-26 19:01:20 GMT-5

HOw, where? Can this be reliably done in Lhasa?
Post 9  Reply   Back

Author: ANDREA

2006-07-31 08:01:31 GMT-5

hey im going to china the 5th of august and i would really like to join you. Im mexican and im 22 years old...do you already know how much would it be?? email meee if you can! : andreaancira@hotmail.com
New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next