Tibet Forum
Travel Companion Are you seeking a travel companion with whom to share expenses? Leave your words here.
New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next

Topic: Biking from Lhasa to Kathmandu

Posted: 2006-07-19 10:58:22

Post 1  Reply   Back

Author: C,

2006-07-19 10:58:22 GMT-5

ip: *.*.*.*

Hi,

I am planning to do the biking trip from Lhasa to Kathmandu in mid August. Just would like to know if anyone out there thinking of the same thing or had already done it. Please let me know.

The easiest way may be to join a bike tour in Kathmandu and fly to Lhasa. But I really want to start in Lhasa and spend some time there before riding. Does anyone has any idea if I can go to Lhasa first, find a riding partner and buy a bike, then start riding to Kathmandu?

Thanks.

C.
Post 2  Reply   Back

Author: TRAVELBABS

2006-08-02 05:00:54 GMT-5

Hi C!
I would absolutely love to do that trip! I am in China right now and am trying to get an overland trip into Tibet organised. Not that easy as I am on my own! Ideally I would like to arrive in Tibet around mid August, spend a bit of time there and then bike down. Do you have any more specific information on the bike tours? Is it possible to get one that will provide good bikes etc? I have heard that you can buy bikes in Lhasa but not sure about the quality. I'm no expert so would be worried about accidents/fixing the bike/spare parts etc. Do you have a lot of eperience? Where are you now? It owuld be great to hear from you!

Babs xxx

email: babsforman@cantab.net
Post 3  Reply   Back

Author: MARY

2006-09-12 09:01:26 GMT-5

Did you end up biking? I was going to suggest to go from Lhasa to Kathmandu as the drive is magnificient so the biking must be better!
New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next