Tibet Forum
Travel Companion Are you seeking a travel companion with whom to share expenses? Leave your words here.
New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next

Topic: i got a permit

Posted: 2006-08-31 20:08:02

Post 1  Reply   Back

Author: SIMON

2006-08-31 20:08:02 GMT-5

ip: *.*.*.*

ok, go to shanghai (or whichever office is nearest you) and visit the tibet travel office. there you can get (for 1000Y) a travel permit to tibet with out a tour. then in lhasa you can arrange whatever you want. i did this and although it seems a little expensive i am glad i don't have to bother with a tour or look for other ways anymore. hope this helps people l;ike myself who read a lot of conflicting information on the subject.
Post 2  Reply   Back

Author: HWANG

2006-09-01 09:12:09 GMT-5

You can consider TibetFIT at email tibetfit.service@gmail.com. They are Tibet government recognise travel agent. They manage to arrange legal Tibet permit(provide hardcopy), arrange train ticket, air ticket, good condiiton 4500 land cruiser, hotel ect. We did a trip with them in mid of July to EBC and Namtso lake, their staff and Tibetan driver are helpfull and friendly. Highly recommend their professional services. This no need to join a tour.
Post 3  Reply   Back

Author: SIMON

2006-09-01 12:53:52 GMT-5

yes, this is who i got permit from but their rates for using land cruiser etc were extremely high so i decided not to use their services. but it is reassuring to have a hard copy of permit.
New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next