Tibet Forum
Travel Companion Are you seeking a travel companion with whom to share expenses? Leave your words here.
New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next

Topic: Travel to Tibet next Jan, help!!

Posted: 2006-10-07 20:56:57

Post 1  Reply   Back

Author: JANTRIP

2006-10-07 20:56:57 GMT-5

ip: *.*.*.*

I know it's quite hard in Jan. but that's the only time I have. Any suggestion is appreciated!

How about the weather at that period? Do I need heavy clothes and pack myself? Can I go to Nam tso and other lake areas?
Post 2  Reply   Back

Author: CIPHER

2006-10-08 00:59:09 GMT-5

May to July, and September to October is the best time to visit Tibet. However, Lhasa, Tsetang and Shigatse are suitable for sightseeing tours all-year round.
It will be not comfortable to visit the Everest Base Camp at Jan. cos roads might be blocked. East Tibet and Ngari also might be freezed, but Namtso will be ok.

Post 3  Reply   Back

Author: YOYO

2006-10-08 04:50:51 GMT-5

I recommend Feb! You can enjoy the Tibetan New Year!! Imagine the grand view.
Post 4  Reply   Back

Author: JANTRIP

2006-10-09 01:44:42 GMT-5

Thanks, Cipher, great info!
Thanks, yoyo, but Jan. is the only time I can have a vocation. So Feb. is impossible for me. At least this year...
Can you give me some advices on the etiquette and taboos in Tibet?
Post 5  Reply   Back

Author: ELLEN

2006-10-10 03:12:40 GMT-5

let me give you some infro. then. :)
you concern the right thing. As a religious ethnic group, Tibet has many etiquttes and taboos for you to learn, especially in the monasteries, which is a very sared spot and accept no profane behaviors. For example, don't move or touch the images of Buddha casully and ask for permission if you want to photograph. If you encounter a mani stone mound on the road, don't move them, but you can add some stones to it and circumambulate clockwise around it.
You can click the following website to learn more.
http://tibettrip.com/features/etiquette_taboo.htm
http://tibettrip.com/features/taboo.htm
Hope these won't bother you at all, Tibetans are very hospitable, and there are many mysterious and pretty spots. you'll enjoy your trip there, I'm sure.

New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next