Tibet Forum
Travel Companion Are you seeking a travel companion with whom to share expenses? Leave your words here.
New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next

Topic: China-Tibet Visas

Posted: 2007-03-14 09:09:27

Post 1  Reply   Back

Author: KENSTREET

2007-03-14 09:09:27 GMT-5

ip: *.*.*.*

I plan to be in china from August to the end of September, travelling from Nepal. Is it possible for me to enter tibet from nepal and then travel into china? I have been told that you can only get a One-Month tibet permit if entering from Nepal. Can i get this permit and then get a china visa after my time in Tibet? Or is it best to fly to Beijing from nepal/delhi with a two month china visa, apply for a tibet permit and travel from beijing to tibet? Information on this has been hard to find, and any info you can give me would be vey much appreciated.

Post 2  Reply   Back

Author: YOYO

2007-03-14 19:46:47 GMT-5

ip: *.*.*.*

Hi Kenstreet,
Let me answer your two questions. It's possible to travel Tibet without being on a tour. Many came to visit Tibet in a group, but not a tour. It's quite expensive on transportation cos u can't find public vehicles for some remote areas of Tibet. Food, accommodation and other supplies are not expensive at all.
If you want to travel from Nepal to Tibet then to mainland China, you will get a group Chinese visa in Nepal. Some ppl got a normal visa after the Tibet tour in mainland China, but some were send back to Nepal. So I highly recommend a Beijing-Lhasa-Katmandu itinerary. Otherwise, fly to Beijing from Nepal or Delhi and then go to Tibet is also ok.

New Topic Latest Posts Forum Rules Page 1 of 1, Previous 1 Next